Location : Dwarka,delhi | Company Name : Mahindra Services
job description technical writer editor this position will require working closely with bo Software Jobs in India Satitjobs.com
This position will require working closely with both the customer personnel and project managers.
The selected applicant will edit and format documents in accordance with appropriate specifications, style, and branding. Some documents may be Sensitive But Unclassified.
Candidate may write, rewrite, edit, or proofread technical manuscripts, promotional products, online content, corporate internal publications, and business development deliverables. Technical writer/editor will conduct quality control checks to ensure compliance with guidelines, specifications, and deadlines.
• Determine and apply appropriate levels of editorial treatment to project materials
• Edit and re-write portions of technical documents, and write original content for promotional materials
• Prepare and assist with preparation, coordination, copyediting, and proofing of large and small proposals
• Develop or maintain templates for documents
• Write or edit press releases, marketing materials, Website copy, and internal corporate communications
• Perform miscellaneous marketing and business development activities
• Serve as mentor to interns
Basic Knowledge and Skills:
• Proven technical writing and editing skills
• Superior command of the English language including rules and usage
• Strong analytical, planning, organizational, and time management skills
• Strong research skills including gathering and analyzing data from multiple sources (subject matter experts, project managers) to develop Web content, and possibly training materials and online help content
• Proven ability to create creative, unique, and relevant online content for the Web
• Superb interpersonal communication skills, particularly where technical information must be conveyed in a clear and convincing way
• Ability to meet aggressive deadlines
• Proficient computer skills, especially Microsoft Office applications
• Ability to function effectively as part of a team
Education and work experience:
• Bachelors Degree in English, Technical Writing, Journalism, or Communication
• Requires both experience and either a degree or knowledge in a specialized field – for example, engineering, medicine, or one of the sciences.
• 0 to 3 years experience in technical writing or editing. Demonstrated knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field of technical writing.
• Experience with a variety of writing styles: technical, creative, and marketing.
• Knowledge of a second language helpful.
• Experience in Web design and computer graphics also helpful.